At Stellar, we are working to ensure that our impact on the environment is positive; we consider social responsibility; and we make governance a priority. We support the ESG movement and incorporate its principles across our firm.
Effective management of ESG matters is a business imperative. At Stellar, we are committed to continual improvement of our ESG management practices to help drive lasting value creation and to strengthen our ability to support to the needs and expectations of all stakeholders.
As part of our process, we focus on ESG factors and ensure that the organisations in which we invest have a responsible approach.View our ESG policy
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Stellar has a CSR framework. ESG related examples from our framework include:
- Environmental – bike to work scheme, flexible home/office working, recycling facilities, energy sourced from renewables for London office
- Community – give and gain – staff can work on a charity or cause of their choice for a certain number of days per year
- Customer – regular customer feedback requests to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, these customer satisfaction statistics are reported to the board on a monthly basis
- Staff – enhanced maternity, paternity adoption and surrogacy policies, wellbeing support with access to talking therapies, quarterly appraisals
- Suppliers – adherence to the Bribery Act 2010, ensuring all new corporate suppliers have an ESG/CSR policy that aligns with best practice and meets Stellar Asset Management’s required standards.
Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
Stellar Asset Management has become a signatory to the PRI, the world’s leading proponent of responsible investment.
This demonstrates our pledge to responsible investment. It places Stellar at the heart of a global community, seeking to contribute to developing a more sustainable global financial system.
The PRI works:
- to understand the investment implications of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors;
- to support its international network of investor signatories in incorporating these factors into their investment and ownership decisions.
The PRI acts in the long-term interests:
- of its signatories;
- of the financial markets and economies in which they operate;
- and ultimately of the environment and society as a whole.
UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet. At its heart are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are central to ESG as a universal urgent call for action.
Stellar is committed to ensuring alignment with the SDGs.
“Stellar Asset Management has become a signatory to the PRI, the world’s leading proponent of responsible investment.”
Find out more about ESG
What is ESG?
It stands for Environmental, Social and (Corporate) Governance (ESG) factors. At its core, it is about investing with consideration for the impact firms have in these three areas.
ESG is important in helping to create a more sustainable world.